There are many kinds of plants, bushes and trees around us and they have different types of benefits.
1. Food: Plants are the main source of our food. We use different parts of different plants as food.
A)We eat leaves of some plants like spinach, radish, gram, etc because They are rich in vitamins and minerals.
(B) We eat cereals or food grains. The cereals are seeds of some plants belonging to the grass family. We prepare many types of food from the grains of rice, wheat, gram, barley, millet, maize, etc.
Seeds of some plants are oily; oil is taken from the seeds like sesame, mustard, sunflower, etc. This oil is used in preparing many kinds of food and also for some other purposes. “Ground nut “oil, coconut oil, mustard oil, etc. are also used for preparing food.
(C) Fruits of some plants are used as food. These fruits are mango, grape, apple, orange, pine-apple, etc. These fruits are eaten raw, as they are tasty. They are juicy and rich in vitamins and minerals.
turnip, bean, pea, cauliflower, cabbage, pumpkin, bottle-gourd, etc. are some of the vegetables. They are cooked for eating. These vegetables are rich in vitamin, iron and other minerals.
(D) We get spices from plants. The spices give the vegetables good flavor and make them delicious. Coriander, pepper, clove, cumin, cardamom, cinnamon, etc. are some common spices to make the food tasty.
(E)We take coffee and tea. We get them from plants. Coffee is made from the seeds of coffee-plant. Tea is prepared from the leaves of tea-plant.
(F) We get juice from sugar-cane. Sugar is made from this juice. With the help of sugar we make different kinds of sweet dishes, cakes, chocolate etc.
2. Medicines: Many medicines are made from plants and these plants are called medicinal plants. Neem, tridax, brahmi, heliotropium indicum, banafsa, etc. are known as medicinal plants.
3) Paper: Bamboo, eucalyptus, etc. are used to make paper for writing and printing purposes. Rags of cotton are also used to make paper
4. Rubber: Some plants give us gum like acacia, etc. This rubber is used for making tyres for many vehicles. rubber or eraser for schools!
5.Wood: We get timber and fire- wood from trees. Our chairs, tables, doors, windows, etc. are made of wood. The wood of trees like teak, shisham, sal, etc are essentially used to make different typea of furnitures.
6. Cotton: cotton from cotton plants is used to make all types of cotton clothes such as bed-sheets, towels, etc.
7. Fibers: some fibrinous plants can give us fiber for making ropes, bags, etc. Hemp, jute, etc. are such plants.
8. Perfumes: Flowers of certain plants are used to make perfumes. The flowers of rose, jasmine ,lavender, etc. are good for making perfumes. Flowers are also used for different purposes like decorations. 9. Pollution-remover: Plants and trees save us from air-pollution. Green plants take the carbon dioxide from the air in the process of photosynthesis and give back oxygen to the air. We breathe in oxygen from the air and give out carbon dioxide. Thus, we give carbon dioxide to the plants and they give back oxygen. Which means air is saved from being polluted by carbon dioxide..
Manure: Plant wastes can be used to make manure. This manure is utilized for the growth of other plants and crops.