Efo tete.(African spinach) vegetables are very rich in minerals.
Spinach is an excellent source of many vitamins and minerals like:
- Vitamin A. Spinach is high in carotenoids, which your body can turn into Vitamin A
- Vitamin C. This vitamin is a powerful antioxidant that promotes skin health and immune function.
- Vitamin K1. This vitamin is essential for blood clotting. one spinach leaf contains over half of our daily needs.
- Folic acid. Also known as folate or vitamin B9, this compound is very vital especially for pregnant women and essential for normal cellular function and tissue growth.
- Iron. Spinach is an excellent source of this essential mineral. Iron helps create hemoglobin, which brings oxygen to your body’s tissues.
- Calcium. This mineral is essential for bone health. It also contains several other vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, and vitamins B6, B9, and E.. This vegetable is a must eat because our health is our true wealth..